The Diocese of Joliet are overjoyed to invite all the people of the Diocese of Joliet and throughout the Church to join us in celebrating the installation of our new bishop, Most Reverend Ronald A. Hicks, later this month. On the eve of the Installation, Bishop Hicks will join our priests for a Vespers Service of Welcome at the Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus. This will begin at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, September 28, 2020. Bishop Hicks will be installed as the sixth Bishop of Joliet by the Apostolic Nuncio to the United States, the Most Reverend Archbishop Christophe Pierre, on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. The Installation Mass will also take place at the Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus. Due to the gathering limitations in place during COVID-19, participation will be by invitation only. Both events will be livestreamed for all to join us virtually at http://www.dioceseofjoliet.org/ or http://www.youtube.com/DioceseofJolietIL. Bishop Hicks will begin his service to the Diocese of Joliet on Wednesday, September 30.
Saturday Mass at 5:30pm
Anyone that plans to attend MUST wear a mask and observe Social Distancing.
Safety Rules for Attending Mass –These rules are established by the Diocese of Joliet according to the state guidelines.
- The most important rule –Use a personal mask and keep the social distance of 6 feet.
- When arriving to the Church –Greeters will dispense hand sanitizer into everyone’s hands.
- Ushers will lead you to your place in the pew. (Sorry if this is not your usual place, we are not using every pew).
- Donations/Offerings can be dropped into the basket on your way into the Church.
- Before Communion – Ushers will dispense liquid hand sanitizer by coming to the front of your pew. Ushers will dismiss 1 pew at a time for Communion.
- Please remain in your pews after Mass. Our Ushers will dismiss by pews.
- At this time we will not be singing or using the organists.
Until we are able to resume normal functions we ask you to support our parishes by either mailing your Sunday envelopes and donations to us at PO Box 190, South Wilmington, IL 60474 OR placing them in our drop box at the parish office door at 165 Rice Street, South Wilmington.
If you would like to use on-line giving, the Diocese has created a universal offertory program for all parishes. Your gift will be sent directly to the parish you have indicated.
For the latest updates and list of Live-Stream Masses in the Diocese of Joliet, click here.
Father Burke Masters, Secretariat for Christian Formation: Prayer Schedule
Father Borello, Diocese of Joliet, Vocations Director is offering mass on Facebook here
Please be informed that there will be daily masses streamed from the Cathedral offered at:
- 9:00 a.m. celebrated by Fr. Burke Masters and Fr. Ryan Adorjan at https://www.youtube.com/user/dramadude12
- 11:30 a.m. celebrated by me, Bishop Pates, at https://www.youtube.com/c/DioceseofJolietI
Thank you and may God bless you.