St. Lawrence of South Wilmington Parish united to the Diocese of Joliet and the universal Catholic Church, commits itself to serve the spiritual needs of the parish and surrounding community. Praising God, we strive, as disciples, to continue our quest for renewal and ever-greater faith. We are committed to growth in our worship, our faith formation and in our outreach to support and nurture each other and those in need.
To witness how gifts to the Catholic Ministries Annual Appeal (CMAA) help our ministries, view the following vignette about the Christian Formation ministry. Ryan Purcell, director, shares how thankful their ministry is for all the CMAA does to shine the light of Christ on families such as the Burnett’s, and provide resources to help strengthen the domestic church. Please click here to watch this short clip. To make a secure gift to the CMAA, please click here.
Mobile Food Pantries are scheduled at 4pm (Until the Food Runs Out) at the Church Parking Lot. 135 Rice Rd., South Wilmington. Participants are asked to remain in their vehicles and food will be distributed in a drive thru method during COVID-19. Thank you!
Monday, April 19
Monday, May 17
Monday, June 14
Safety Rules for Attending Mass –These rules are established by the Diocese of Joliet according to the state guidelines.
- The most important rule –Use a personal mask and keep the social distance of 6 feet.
- When arriving to the Church –Greeters will dispense hand sanitizer into everyone’s hands.
- Ushers will lead you to your place in the pew. (Sorry if this is not your usual place, we are not using every pew).
- Donations/Offerings can be dropped into the basket on your way into the Church.
- Before Communion – Ushers will dispense liquid hand sanitizer by coming to the front of your pew. Ushers will dismiss 1 pew at a time for Communion.
- Please remain in your pews after Mass. Our Ushers will dismiss by pews.
- At this time we will not be singing.
Until we are able to resume normal functions we ask you to support our parishes by either mailing your Sunday envelopes and donations to us at PO Box 190, South Wilmington, IL 60474 OR placing them in our drop box at the parish office door at 165 Rice Street, South Wilmington.
If you would like to use on-line giving, the Diocese has created a universal offertory program for all parishes. Your gift will be sent directly to the parish you have indicated.
For the latest updates and list of Live-Stream Masses in the Diocese of Joliet, click here.
Father Burke Masters, Secretariat for Christian Formation: Prayer Schedule
Father Borello, Diocese of Joliet, Vocations Director is offering mass on Facebook here